Thursday, October 20, 2011

Spirit Week



This year was the first year that I actually dressed up for all of the spirit week days, and competed in one of the games. The past three years of high school I guess I never really took the time to dress up for the days because I knew our grade wasn’t going to win. This year was different though, since we are seniors I knew that if we were going to assure ourselves a win we would need the vast majority of the grade to dress up. This year I really got into the whole dress up thing too, I went as far as buying costumes and accessories from the dollar store so I would look perfect on the dress up days. My favorite part of spirit week would have to be Thursday though. Thursday is field day and it is when you get to represent your class and wear your class colors. Students cake on face paint, and tie rope bands all over their heads and arms. The last 2 hours of the day are reserved for the games. Each grade competes in special games on the gym floor in front of their whole class. The gym is so loud from chanting and screaming that you can barley hear the person next to you. That is what makes spirit week so fun, what makes it even better is when your grade wins the bucket and gets to celebrate in a huge mob on the gym floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment