Tuesday, October 11, 2011

College Life

           So I visited Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) over the weekend. It was an awesome school. Very intelligent people, distinguished professors, and many many fraternities. I stayed one night on campus, in an apartment specific to a fraternity. Despite the almost overpowering feeling of intellect coming from everything on campus, fraternities will be fraternities. People were drinking, they were 21 of course, but still. People were smoking pot, people were partying. And I didn't expect it. I expected a more tame college atmosphere from such a prestigous university. It certainly wasn't a party school, but it was still noticeable. I never mentioned anything to anybody, and i took everything from my experience in. Thinking about whether or not i would like to go their. I know I wouldnt get involved with the college party life, or atleast illicit party life. But i can't be sure. I expected everyone to be "clean". But people will be people I guess, and know that I think about it, I'm not surprised. People will always be people. People will drink, people will smoke, people will have sex. It will never change. I know that college is supposed to be the most fun time of your life, but stilll, i expected a cleaner experience from Carnegie Mellon

No comments:

Post a Comment