Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cuckoo's Nest: Video vs Book

After I had watched “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” I realized that there were many differences in the movie and the book. First off, the book was narrated by Chief Bromden, the movie was more of a set narrator and it had each of the characters speaking in their own voice. I did like this touch in the movie more though because I think it added more spirit to the book and it enhanced the characters more. The movie also left out a few key events that the book had. It didn’t show the basketball training and game that McMurphy put on for the patients in the hospital. Cheswick was also not featured in the movie and they didn’t show his death. I think they should have put this in because it only added to McMurphy’s rebellious attitude to the nurse and her aides. Overall I think that Nicholson did a great job playing the role of McMurphy, he was always fired up in the movie and was never short of excitement throughout the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment